1968 BSA B44
I am posting this on behalf of a very good friend. He has a 1968 BSA B44 for sale. I am in the possession of this bike to facilitate the sale. The bike is in absolutely excellent condition.
Over the last few years, the frame was stripped and repainted in glass black in oil and/gas resistant paint. New front and rear fenders, New reproduction seat. New controls, levers and cables. New exhaust system including muffler. 12 V Boyer conversion. Rebuilt and calibrated Smith Speedo. New vintage style reproduction tires that show very little wear.
Additional work done in Spring of 2016:
- engine removed, cases split, barrel removed, main bearings, piston and rings checked
- Cleaned sludge trap, new seals throughout engine
- new head gasket
- checked valves- were in good condition.
- new clutch basket and primary chain
- new alternator rotor
- new seals in gearbox and new kickstart quadrant
- new carb rebuilt kit installed
- front forks totally rebuild- new stanchions, seals, gators
- steering head inspected and repacked
- new front rim installed and replaced
- new battery
As you can see lots of work was done to up-keep this bike in excellent condition. I have all receipts for work performed, history of the bike and manuals and books.
I am asking $4000 US or best offer.