Speed Bleeder Checkvalves
Part Numbers 06-1929/SS and 99-2764/A
The Old Manual Way
Bleeding brakes used to be a difficult thing to do in the past. It generally required two people to bleed brakes. You had to have one person pump the brake pedal while you had the mechanic open and close the bleeder screw. You had to coordinate the openings and closings with the pumper. If you didn't coordinate the timing correctly you could end up with more air in the system than when you started.
The New and Improved Way
Introducing 100% US made SPEED BLEEDER® brand checkvalve, the patented bleeder screw with the built-in check valve. It is truly a one-person bleeder screw. Once installed, it becomes a permanent part of the brake system. When it is time to bleed your brakes, you loosen the Speed Bleeder brand checkvalve 1/4 turn and pump your brake pedal. When the pedal is depressed the pressure generated opens the check valve letting air and brake fluid out of the end of the Speed Bleeder brand checkvalve.
When you release the pedal and it returns to the up position, the check valve closes and prevents any air from reentering the system through the Speed Bleeder. When bubble free fluid is evident you close the Speed Bleeder brand checkvalve. In the closed position it works just like your stock bleeder screw and prevents any brake fluid from leaking out. It generally takes about 5 pumps to purge each caliper or wheel cylinder. That is all there is to bleeding your brakes.
If at a later date you need to bleed your brakes, the patented thread sealing system makes it easy to open the bleeder screw to perform the bleeding operation. It is made of quality materials and it is economical.
Two options available from British Cycle Supply
06-1929/SS NIPPLE, SPEEDBLEEDER, 1/4UNF
Stainless, for all Norton Lockheed calipers
99-2764/A NIPPLE, SPEEDBLEEDER, 3/8UNF
Stainless, for all cast iron and alloy Lockheed calipers except Norton
"I received my order of Speed Bleeder brand checkvalves. Installation was simple... What really pleased me was the ease of performing the fluid changes with the new Speed Bleeders in place. It took no more than a couple of minutes to completely change the fluids."
"This is a great product, I'll recommend it to my friends with no reservations."
Ben T., Duvall, WA
Features of SPEED BLEEDER® brand Checkvalve
Speed Bleeder brand checkvalves are all made of 303 stainless steel and are CNC machined. They are tougher than the OEM style Speed Bleeders brand checkvalve, will never corrode, and are hand polished to a chrome-like brilliance.
- Stainless steel spring
- Stainless steel ball
- Brass retainer
- The threads are roll formed. This process results in a stronger and smoother thread than one that is cut.
- The chamber for the ball and spring is precision reamed and the seat for the stainless steel ball is machined to exacting tolerances.
- Patented thread sealing system seals the threads when the bleeding operation is performed, preventing air from being sucked back into the system.
- The pre-applied thread sealant also displaces air and moisture during thread engagement and the stainless steel material prevents rust...which usually results in rounded off corners on the hex or busted off standard bleeder screws making it necessary to replace the caliper or brake cylinder. The application of thread sealant thus makes it easy to loosen or remove the bleeder screw at any time.
Benefits of SPEED BLEEDER® brand Checkvalve
- Simple to use.
- Saves time and money.
- Requires only one person to do.
- Perfect for racing where brake fluid is changed frequently.
- A must for the do-it-yourselfer.